Skip to Content
[Page Content]

Information on Adoption/Name Changes

Couple Holding Baby

If you are requesting a copy of a birth record of a child who has been adopted or had a legal name change, you may order from the CA Department of Public Health, as well as the RRCC. Please ensure you check the "ADOPTED" box on the application.

California Department of Public Health

Office of Vital Records

MS 5103. P.O. Box 997410

Sacramento, CA 95899-7410

(916) 445-2684

[Original Content]
Alert - COVID-19

The Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk will close all of its offices to the public effective Monday, March 16 as a precautionary measure to help slow the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19).

Due to the ongoing COVID-19 health crisis, all mail and online orders are experiencing processing delays. Thank you for your patience and please click here for updated information regarding COVID-19.